Located near the Gariep dam in the Free State, the old farmhouse style architecture of the main buildings lends to the homely atmosphere of the facilities.
The Reformed Church (Gereformeerde Kerk) Bethulie approached the Gereformeerde Stigting (now Residentia) to assist in the building of a home for the elderly.
Residentia Bethulie was officially opened in 1983 (previously Huis Uitkoms) and since then the old Anglican rectory, which was built in 1905 and purchased by the Reformed Church Bethulie in 1974, became part of the development.
The De Wet hall was built in 1992.
The following facilities are available.
Accommodation in a homely atmosphere to suit all needs.
24-hour nursing care cleaning- and gardening service, meals and washing included.
- Flats and rooms in two converted stately homesteads share a communal lounge, TV room and beautiful gardens
- Double, single and bachelor flats with own garden
- Single and double rooms looking onto well-kept gardens
Care-unit with 24-hour nursing care:
- Double Rooms with own Bathroom
- Single Rooms
- 2-bed Rooms
- 4-bed Rooms
- Social activities
- Hair dressing salon
- Tuck shop
- Regular bible study and prayer meetings
Mrs Mandy Adam
P O Box 224