Located approximately 35km south of Durban on the upper south coast of Kwa-Zulu Natal, Mooi Hawens is a true safe harbor for the elderly. The initiative to erect these facilities came from the Reformed Church (Gereformeerde Kerk) Durban. They approached the then Gereformeerde Stigting (now Residentia) who built and managed the facilities to date.
The first resident took occupancy on 1 March 1971.
Since then the facility has grown with the addition of Lena de Klerk (frail care facilities), Tabor flats (life right and rental flats) as well as Residentia Blanche Sanders (now Mooi Hawens Youth Resort) children’s seaside resort.
Conveniently situated near to the beach (± 300m) as well as shops, doctors, post office, restaurants, banks, chemists, hospitals and bus routes.
The following facilities are available.
Mooi Hawens home for the elderly:
- Single rooms most with sea views
- Full lodging with 3 meals per day
- laundry and domestic services
Lena de Klerk frail care centre:
- Single rooms as well as 2-bed and 4-bed shared accommodation
- 24-hour care 7 days a week
- Life right and rental bachelor 1 and 2 bedroom flats most with sea views
- Safe parking available for residents
Mooi Hawens Children’s camp site:
- Holiday accommodation for groups of up to 50 children
- Two dormitories with 21 and 25 beds respectively for girls and boys
- 3 Rooms for supervisors / teachers
- Two flats which may be rented in addition or separately
- Fully equipped kitchen
- Welfare services
- Alzheimer’s care as well as a support group
- Medical practitioners
- Social activities
- Hair dressing salon
- Service vehicle
- Tuck shop
- 24-hour security
- Regular church services by most of the major denominations
- Training and provision of home based care
- Pedicure services
- Laundry Services
Mr Andries Visagie
Residentia Mooi Hawens
PO Box 31